Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Marmalade update - It's done!

I reduced the water by 2 cups and sugar by 2 cups and instead of 3 hours cooking it was done in 1 and half hours. Great! But I cheated. I had some *Geleisuiker* leftover from last year's plum jam and I used two cups of that plus 2 cups g...ranulated sugar. Geleisuiker literally translated is jelly sugar. It's used for the making of jams and jellies. Anyway, that must have speeded up the jam making. It's done! and the mister will bottle them. Now, my verdict. It's still so sweet. I may reduce by another cup the next time. I don't know, I will have to try it and see what happens. The colour is lighter and the taste is really bitter. I used 4 oranges, 4 mandarin oranges and 2 green lemons. I think the yellow lemons would have been nicer. I need to check if the yellow lemons are meyer lemons..... So, that was the update. Exciting isn't it. Marmalade making Sandra. Who ever taught that I will be making jams. *smile* ..... wish my mom was here to see what happened to her daughter. I love life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love all of you too!!!!!!!! Have a great and fabulous day my friends. ‎5 jars total. Am glad. But what I am not glad about is that this day may become one of those days where the PPEA symptoms may come forth. Like for example - bottling the jam became a chore instead of a smooth running operation. Then, I... came to the living room and our friend was cleaning the crystals which I cleaned yesterday. I am expecting more of these kind of things to happen today but what I shall do instead is pray. I know our Mighty One will take away these symptoms when we give it up to Him. Patience, lots of it and understanding. I need to be more understanding. I could ignore but that won't help. Yesterday, I cleaned the windows and the lamps and I wonder if he is going to clean them today. *smile* ...... I love this fellow. I wish he was healed totally of the PPEA and life could just go back to normal. Right now as I type this, our dear friend is enthusiastically polishing the wood. We bought a new bottle of wood polish *smile* and friend is testing it out. Very vigorous polishing is going on in the background. Going to help him now. See ya later. Enjoy yourself ok.

No comments: