Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Polishing Wood & Cleaning windows - very therapeutic.

I love all the woods that we have at home. Most of them are *notenhout* chestnut I think. We bought them one by one from the second hand shop and it cost us so little back then. I love the grains of the wood and they kind of make me feel... so attached to earth. These woods are solid and they're not a thin layer pasted on the furniture. Some may be more than 50 years old. I love these. I love the curvy details too and especially the foot that has a paw. I don't like modern style. I don't like straight lines too. Luckily Alex shares the same sentiment. Anyway, yesterday when I was cleaning the windows, this story I read once came to my mind. There was this lady who loves to stand in front of her windows, big huge windows and look out. The neighbours backyard is in view too. Everyday she will look out and see the wash from the neighbour hanging. So, one day, she said to her husband, hmmm I think her washing machine is not doing a good job or maybe she needs to get better wash detergent for the clothes, they're not looking clean. Next day, she looked out again and a new wash was hanging. Again she remarked that the clothes are getting dirtier. That she really should change her detergent or even the wash machine if it is not working well. Third day, my oh my, how dirty her clothes were she thought. Fourth day, she called her husband and said *Look, she must have changed her wash detergent! Her clothes are looking very clean. Extremely clean* ..... To that her husband said, *Honey, I cleaned our windows today* .....

No comments: