Saturday, September 25, 2010

Barbecue -- 25 Sept 10

We're going to the neighbourhood barbecue this evening. In about 2 hours time we will have to leave. It's nearby our home. An occasion organised by the town council. We'll be meeting most of our neighbours and friends there. Wine and D...ine and maybe dance ......

So, see you all later or tomorrow, depends how I feel. I am also back to my sewing, and enjoying it right now.See more
25 September at 15:06


We're back from the barbecue about 2 hours ago. First of all, weather was bad. Since morning it rained, then sun shined, then drizzle, then rain, then the rain stopped for a moment and again rain.

They had those stall kind of tents and w...e kept ourselves dry. The barbecue pits were all placed under the tents. Not many people came because of the rain. The music went on but no dancing this time.

There is something I have to get out of my chest. You can judge me if you want. *smile* .......

A friend of mine (won't say who), well, she ate and she ate and she ate like there was no tomorrow. Alex and I couldn't help but wonder where all the food went.

When we queqed up for our food, we're allowed 3 pieces of meat. We can barbecue that, finish eating and take some more meat if we want. So, I had a piece of worst (sausage), 1 piece marinated chicken, 1 chicken satay, 2 pieces of french bread (small pieces), salad and fruit cocktail. I saved half a worst (sausage) for Junior, rejected the chicken satay because it was undercooked (by Alex). Then Alex barbecued me another worst. That was it. I was so very full. However, I downed 2 delicious cups of black coffee.

My friend however, she may have eaten 4 days worth of meat. She ate and didn't stop. Half way thru she sat next to the barbecue and continued barbecuing and eating away.

My mother told me when I was young, when I was still in the primary school, that, when I went to a party or a feest that I should always eat at home first and then go. She said that she wouldn't like it if I were to eat greedily.

So Alex and I did have our late lunch (2 pm) and later coffee before we went to the barbecue.

No, I don't like this manner of eating. Sorry. You can call me being petty or something, I don't care. But this is not the way to eat at a gathering. So what if it is free food, why indulge.

Sorry friends, I just had to have it out of my chest, and if I didn't write it down, I don't think I can sleep tonite *smile*.

Anyway, she and her husband invited us over to their house and Alex and I looked at each other and we said no, because we had planned to go home earlier. We asked if they would like to come over and they said no (her husband is allergic to animals fur).

We're back home, back to the warmth, sheltered from the rain, and gusty wind (gutsy or gusty????), back to our Junior. My boy was so happy when I gave him the sausage. He didn't eat it greedily but bit by bit, enjoying and savouring it to the last bit.

Goodnite all
25 September at 21:24

No comments: