Friday, September 24, 2010

Made orange marmalade - Simply Delicious.

It was really time consuming making this orange marmalade but when we finished doing it and tested it on a piece of bread and butter, it was simply delicious and well worth the time.

Well, I learned a few things and that is to read my reci...pe properly. It said to slice the oranges, add water and then later sugar and let it sit OVERNIGHT.

I started the slicing in the morning, silly me and then realised it was supposed to sit some 8 hours maybe. So, ok, we let it sit for 8 hours while we did the cucumber pickles.

Cucumber pickles turned out good too, it's the same recipe what I used all these while except that we didn't use brown sugar or anything else that was not befitting.

So, cucumber done, we took a short nap and rested our tired bodies *smile* .... I woke up earlier than Mr. A, so I washed up the dishes and pans etc etc and prepared the place for the orange marmalade. While it was simmering, we had dinner, yesterday's meat soup. I must say, yesterday's soup was one of the tastiest I have ever done. Why it turned out good I have no idea. But what I know is I purposely didn't use the beans from the garden.

Back to the kitchen after dinner and I continued with the marmalade and kept testing it to see if it set. I had no candy thermometer by the way. 8.30 pm, we completed our marmalade.

I made a piece of bread and spread butter and a dollop of marmalade and let the guinea pig taste it first. The guinea pig went oooohhhh ahhhhhh ohhhhhh delicious !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Pig offered me a bite, sorry, I mean guinea pig offered me a bite and I tasted it and it was really really delicious.

My legs are so swollen right now and I am going to put my legs up. Water retention. Legs feel like they are going to burst thru the skin.

So, many many many thanks to Sherry for sending me the link. I thank you very very much for letting me try this recipe. I love marmalade, always did and I am so glad that I was able to do this. Oh by the way, recipe called for 8 cups sugar and I reduced it to 6 cups and it's still too sweet for me. I would like to try to half it. I don't know how things work for marmalade, but I will do more reading before I reduce the sugar.

Thanks Sherry from Alex and I.See more
24 September at 21:06

No comments: