Thursday, September 23, 2010

Soup for dinner and maybe marmalade and cucumber pickles

I am making soup using calf meat and sheep bones and cartilage (for Junior). I will remove the bones and cartilage before I add the chilli in so it won't be hot for my boy.

I am going to add home grown vegetables again (need to clear the ...freezer). I may serve the soup on it's own, with rice, a handful of pasta or just with slices of bread. I will have to ask Alex about that.

We bought oranges that were on sale and maybe, just maybe I will be making them today or tomorrow. Same goes with the cucumbers that we collected yesterday from the garden. We have been blessed with hundreds of cucumbers this year. When everyone's cucumber plant stopped producing, ours was still producing. Alex thinks we may have another one more harvest and that may be it for this year.

Yesterday was a T-Shirt day and was really glorious.

But the atmosphere there was not so warm as it normally should be. Neighbours quarreling over nothing. I am getting a bit irritated by this. Why not just come there to enjoy and be happy. But then I can understand too. Like my neighbour, he tries to steal inches of our land by putting extra tiles and pushing the fence more towards our side. I don't care but don't go too far. He's taken quite a lot of land from us already and I think enough is enough.

But the latest quarrels going on there is about some of our good friends there. So both parties are talking it out to Alex and I told Alex that he has to be very careful not to repeat the words to the other. He has to stand on the middle line and be a peacemaker and try to get them together again. He agrees. So, 2 days in a row he has been visited by the 2 parties and he has been listening. Surprisingly Alex seems to be ok. I was hoping that the stress may get to him but I guess he has got stronger emotionally and mentally.

I hope the next time we go to the garden it will be an enjoyable day and not listen to problems again.See more
23 September at 14:33

No comments: