Saturday, October 2, 2010
Homemade laundry detergent - Amazingly easy.
I did a google search for videos showing making homemade soap (yes, I am forever watching videos without doing them. I have yet to plan a trip to Rotterdam, 2 cities away to buy me the coconut and castor oil).
So, I chanced upon this vide...o and many videos thereafter showing how to make one's own laundry detergent. How amazing is that. One needs only 4 ingredients - water, borax, a bar of soap and washing soda. Amazing.
I don't think I will be making it because I have no idea how it will react with my washing machine (which is quite new). Besides the water is hard here. I think I should just concentrate on one thing at a time and that's making homemade soap. I so badly want to make my own soap, bathing soap, but I have to wait to make that trip to Rotterdam. Each time I tell our Mr wonderful, he says ya, yah, yah and that's it, nothing else happens. Sometimes I wonder if he answers yah just to shut me up or end the conversation. How convenient. But, wait, if it's a computer product or a car part or even cheese ---- whooopaaa, he is there at the shop buying the products in no time. But when it comes to my requests, it's like I have to wait and wait and wait for the appropriate time. Bahhhhhh. How did this entry turn from homemade laundry detergent to venting out about the mister. Oh poor fellow. He is watching tv right now. Besides, he is watching football almost every evening, so he's not bothereing me much. Remember the previous episode when I had to take a small break from farmville (a month or so ago) and then I slowly creeped back to farmville *hehehheheh* ......
I still have yet to buy my mooncake. I crave for it so badly. I just want to eat a teeny weeny piece of it. But I don't know if the shops are still selling them. Oh how I miss mooncakes. My friend Grace would make us mooncakes and every year we got to try it. Grace, I want to thank you for all those times you gave us your homemade food. Hope you are doing well. Take care of yourself ok. (And I know you are not reading this too *smile* because you hardly log on. But it's weekend and maybe you might).
Back to my videos
Tanya you just jolted my mind to remember something. How could I have forgotten all about it. I bought lotus seed and the azuki beans earlier this year when we went to the supermarkt, the chinese supermarkt.
Oh dear. I should be actuall...y doing it instead of dreaming of eating it. Thanks for jolting my mind. Perhaps this week.
Anyway, mooncake is quite heavy stuff, one could eat, or at least me and Alex just tiny bits of it.See more
02 October at 23:35
Shortening -- I have no idea what the brand is in the dutch market. It's not butter, nor margarine. It was described as white fat, and Alex says that's Ossewit. So, next time we're at the supermarkt I need to check on that. I prefer to use vegetable shortening.
02 October at 23:57
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment