Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Chinese cookie called ???? Piah - Do you remember that??

Remember last year I made that chinese cookie ..... something piah. I would like to make that again, but I forgot the name. Would appreciate the name please. Also, I will be making my mooncake soon. I went to the singaporean cooking forum and found some tried and tested recipes by my favourite chef, so I am going to make mooncakes soon. Silly me should have checked the recipes first before goi...ng out. I need lye water, which means I have to wait till I make another trip to a asian store. See how important it is to make lists when one goes shopping here. It's not like singapore, walk out and millions of stores. Here, one has to drive miles .... I mean kilometers and kilometers before one gets to a chinese or asian supermarkt. Oh well, I am still excited! Another thing, when I was at that forum, I saw hokkien bak chang ....... ohhhhh I was drooling. I may do that too, later. The last time I made bak chang was years ago and I didn't know how to make it into the triangle shape. Ended up with a rectangle package. hehehhehe, I didn't or we didn't wrap them well too, some of the foodstuff came out into the boiling water. Moments like this I miss singapore and Old Chiang Kee. Nevermind, I will just make what I can make. Ok.See more 06 October at 22:02

No comments: