Friday, March 5, 2010

Back to the Garden today

From facebook
Today, we spent 3 hours in our plot of land at the community garden. Alex turned the soil on most of the beds and I swept all the fallen leaves. Alex dug a hole for me and I dumped the leaves into that hole. It will later turn into compost.
I was kind of bushed because my muscles need to build up again. The last time I did hard work in the garden was in October.
Tomorrow we're going again, we're cleaning the greenhouse and trim the grape vines. Yes, we're late but we'll just try.
I will have to spread the compost from last year onto the ground.
I need to do some homework on crop rotation. I seem to forget alot of things. Last year I took down so much of notes, wrote it down ..... but I don't know where I left that book. ... See more
Junior thoroughly enjoyed himself in the garden. He has his tennis ball and a couple of toys, we will throw them far and he will run to get them. He should weight 4.5 kg but he's gained weight because of the winter. He is now 5.3 kg. So, he will have to loose weight till 4 to 4.5 kg.
We will be having more fun later when the temperature gets warmer. It was still a bit cold today at 6 degrees. But the sunshine was wonderful. Love sunshine.
Ok, am not going to blab more.

No comments: