Sunday, November 15, 2009

English Paper Piecing - Hexagon pieces

http://www.craftstylish.com/item/2244/english-paper-piecing

English Paper Piecing - CraftStylish
Source: www.craftstylish.com
English paper piecing is a type of patchwork where fabric is basted around a piece of paper at the size and shape desired. The fabric pieces are then whip stitched together. The paper is removed..


Maybe your mother or aunt or even you would have done this in your teen years. My mom did and I helped her too. My sister, I remember made a whole bedspread out of this. I wonder what happened to it.
Now, it seems (or it's just my imagination) that this hexagon piecing craft has come back. I have seen it in many sewing blogs. Some ladies exchange their coloured pieces with another. Of course one would love to have a variety of colours, yes?
Would you like to give this a try. I would. But honestly, I am so hard pressed for time. I just have too many interests and I can't simply concentrate on one. I jump from this to that and back to this.
Like I wanted to sew this quilted tote bag yes, but what did I do instead, I started drafting out the pattern for my dining chair seat cover.
It's green and I dislike that green and I bought this darkish reddish checked or gingham sort of cloth and I would love to get that sewn and covering my dining chair seats. ... Read more
I have spent 2 evenings now trying to get the draft done, on paper and on cloth, modifying here and there.
We have had this dining set for a few years now and it's high time I get the seat covers all covered up with something new.
I hope I do get this done this week.
15 November at 23:12 · Delete

No comments: