I took Acetylcysteine for 2 days (over the counter medication). No brand Acetylcysteine is also available branded as Flumucil.
1st day 2 x 200 mg tablets - dissolved in water.
2nd day 1 x 600 mg tablet - dissolved in water.
... Read more
By 5pm 2nd day, I was all better.
-------------
First day, I had that flu-type headache, itchy throat, feverish and whole body ache. I took the 2 tablets of 200 mg tablets dissolved in water. Before going to bed, applied Vicks heavily on front and back, put a T-shirt and slept. In the night, I sweated about 2 times and broke the fever.
2nd day, woke up with whole body ache and still with a headache. Took the 600 mg (by mistake when I should have taken the 200 mg tablet. Anyway, by 5 pm, all headache gone and no body aches and I was nearly back to normal.
So, if you happen to have the first signs of a cold coming, you could try this Acetylcysteine tablets and arrest the cold before it becomes worse.
I got this tip from my niece in singapore and has worked for us the past 5 years. (Thanks Mala).
Please do your own research about this medication before consumption.
I am not a doctor.
We buy over the counter medication to get ourselves better.
Linda Lim
I hope you're getting better, sweetie. You also need lots of fluid and rest,m ya. hugs
08 November at 05:13
Sandra
haha, I talked too much, haha, now I am down with terrible phlegm and a irritating cough. I have to clean the monitor screen ever so often hahah
09 November at 16:29 · Delete
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment