We had gone to sell our stuffs at the Rommelmarkt (flea market) this saturday morning. After a long break not going to the rommelmarkt, today seemed like a difficult day to start *smile*. All in all, we had, as usual a wonderful day, meeting all kind of people and chatting away about this and that.
One good thing came out of today. I met these elderly people who were selling their stuffs and amongst the things they had were some thai things, a suite, a sarong, a jacket etc etc.
So, I picked up a conversation with them, telling them about our plans, if God willing, was to spend our winter months in north of Thailand. They in turn mentioned that they go there every winter, that's about 3 months of the year, and how they actually enjoy being there.
The ladies gave me some tips and what to look out for and what to be aware of ...... so, in a way, it was a blessing to have met them.
About us vacationing in Thailand, we have prayed and brought this forward to our Lord. Next, we have been doing some research on internet. Besides, Noi (my good friend here who is of Thai descent) and her husband have a house in north Thailand. She spends about 3 months in Thailand. She told me once about a neighbour house that was being sold for cheap and if we were interested.
Of course I did some research ..... and I came to a conclusion that it would still be better if we could just rent instead of buying. This way, we can get to go to more places in different cities, then to just stay in one place. There's more to it and I shan't write here, not right now. Perhaps later. I am now very tired after a long day.
Anyway, so it looks like as days pass by, our interest in Thailand, I mean vacationing 3 months, the winter months especially, is getting stronger and stronger.
I really can't stand the cold here. Sorry darling husband, but those are the true facts. Yes, I love the snow, when it does fall, that's about 2 times per winter, but the cold, it's really not that wonderful. Besides, the days are short in winter, sunrise at about 9 am and sunset at around 4 pm ........... it's depressing.
I have roughed it out for about 8 yrs now and I think I would love to move to a warmer area in winter than to stay here.
The planning for Thailand is still something new, we have a lot to look into, before we embark on that long vacation of 3 months, so in the meantime, we just have to rough it out here and enjoy the extreme cold while we can.
*smile* ........ I started my entry about Rommelmarkt but I have wandered over to the subject of Thailand. .............
That's what a tired mind does, being out of focus ..... *smile* ..... am ending this here, because I have clothes to put in the washmachine, dried clothes to iron etc etc.
Have a blessed weekend everyone!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment