This past week brought me quite a bit of unsuccessful bakes. I baked bread, brioche, and the recipe was from a school that teaches baking. Blahhhhhh. Threw the whole thing away.
Next, baked orange butter cake. Stupid me didn't read the recipe correctly, and I mixed the sugar and eggs and then added the butter and flour. Flop! The cake was baked and came out like a pudding with oil oozing out the sides. I was angry with myself for being so stupid! oh well, there's always another time.
Third, I made orange biscuits and I used margarine instead of butter. Flop! I didn't like the taste at all. Of course everyone around me says it's nice. But not me. I knew how it's supposed to taste and it was one of my favourite recipe that always brought a cheer to my face. But not this time.
So, I am going to not let this bump me. I am going to try a few more bakes and then I will put it up here.
You know what I don't like about autumns and winters, I start baking. Not that it's a bad thing but I gain all the weight that I had lost in spring and summer by working so hard in the garden.
I should try to go for more walks with my darling son to loose all that I gained right. Yep.
Weather's been not that fantastic these couple of days, raining and windy and dark clouds. Leaves are beginning to fall and it causes a kind of not a nice feeling to watch the plants slowly one by one dying ..........
Guess what they will all spring back to life in the springtime. That will be something to look forward to wouldn't it.
Oh another thing, I was busy last two weeks with cleaning the house. Not spring cleaning but close to it. I have been spending so much time in the garden that I haven't really done a good job in keeping my house tidy. So, I was busy doing that the last two weeks. House looks a little bit okay then before I started. But I really got a lot of stuffs that need to be thrashed. Bit by bit I am doing it.
When I am done with the tidying of the house and organising everything, I start with my handwork crafts, knitting or sewing, whatever.
Ok folks, have a great week ahead and know that I love you all.
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Sandra dear, how have you been getting on? We do get all the "bad things" clashing together at times, don't we? Don't worry, these usually just passed and won't affect us much later. Have a nice week ahead!
Hi WF!! Yep, I understand, sometimes those things happen one after the other but they never last long. Good times are on the way.
Post a Comment