Right from end of January till today, my hot flashes had been really been a pain in my neck. In January, just after Alex's birthday I started sweating and sweating, especially in the nites when I will wake up all drenched in sweat.
What hubby did was quickly put a fan on a little table next to my bedside. So, every nite I was waking up about 6 times minimum and about 10 times max. It's like I wake up say 6 times because I was sweating and I switch the fan on, doze of to sleep and wake up another 6 times to switch the fan off because I was cold. So in reality i was waking up about 12 to about 20 times a nite.
Sometimes, I couldn't get back to sleep because of his snores. ohhhh what a suffering when I really wanted to fall asleep and to be kept awake because of him. Sometimes, I would sleep in the living room. Sometimes I would just internet.
I really didn't have a good sleep all these months and honestly I was a very irritated person in the morning. Why because I was really tired.
But thank God, starting 25th August, I had maybe 1 hot flash and then ping nothing. Hallelujah! Praise God! I have a break. Finally I am getting back my sleep without disturbances.
Judging from past years, it seems like I have hot flashes for a period of months and then nothing for about a month and then it starts again.
What I want to also say is I didn't really like me very much all those days when I was cranky and irritable. I felt like I was really someone else. Luckily dear husband understood me and tried his best to make me feel comfortable. There has been moments when sparks flew between us but very soon it was resolved because we both understood that it was menopause symptoms.
I want to try to explain what happens to me when I get a hot flash. It's like just seconds before I start to get hot, I go thru a feeling of insecuredness, not in control of my mind, my feelings, my body. Sometimes I get a sort of panick attack, just seconds before I get the hot flash. When that couple of seconds is over, I start to feel my body burning up, sudden flash of heat going thru my whole body, a very uncomfortable feeling and then I start sweating.
At night, I wake up to the fact that I am all drenched in sweat, my hair is all wet, my neck, my back, everywhere. I have had to change my bedding once a week because my side of the sheet and mattress protector is stained. I have had to change and wash my pillow more often.
But I thank God that the fan was invented. Ohhhhh what a cool feeling.
Anyway, ti's fore by now and I can get back to my cheery ole self and enjoy my sleep again. My long awaited uninterrupted sleep. I need that so badly.
Just hope hubby doesn't interrupt me with his snoring. Oh well...... que sera que sera, what will be will be.
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment