Saturday, January 26, 2008

Little girl said I was 6 yrs old.

Saturday, we woke up quite late coz we went to bed quite late. Me knitting away into the wee hours and DH was between internetting and watching TV.

Well, woke up to a nice morning, sunshiny morning, the temp was predicted to be at 10 degrees, so okay, we needed to go the garden. A neighbour from the tuin wrote us that there was cow dung at the entry of the tuin and that we should collect it soon or it will be gone. That was 2 days ago.

When we went to the garden, guess what the cow dung was all gone, people have collected their share and it's all gone. Bahhhh.

Saw Coby and Wim and we decided we shall go in after all. Had a little chat with them, lovely couple they are. Wim said that he will help DH to build the greenhouse, isn't that just amazing. He was the one who helped to build the tuin huis for us and he is also the one who gave us advise on what to sow into the ground and at which period of the month. He and his wife are really good friends to have. Coby is older and I do enjoy chatting with her about alot of things.

Anyway, soon after we went to do our shopping, to the Loper. Got everything necessary but I still needed to stop by one place to buy wool. We went there and I was going thru some of the wool and trying to make a wise choice and these 2 little girls were near me playing and talking, just talking. I turned to them and asked what colour wool do you think a girl should choose for socks, one said the violet colour would be nice. Then I asked them what about the Opa, what colour would be nice for him and they said dark, anything in dark colour would be nice.

So I asked them how old they were and one said 5 and the other said 4. I said that I was nearly 50 and the older girl said *Echt niet, echt niet* meaning *No, not really* and I asked how old do you think I am then. The older girl said *6* ......... DH and I were smiling ear to ear.

What I want to say is, it's so nice to have little chats with young children and how they give answers, don't you think.

Just like once when I read somewhere how a person asked this little boy *Can you count numbers* and the boy said yes. The elder person asked the boy to count and the boy counted 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and the man asked can you count higher than that and the boy lifted his hand higher and counted 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ........

Little children are so precious aren't they.

Anyway, came home nearly 5 pm and just rested. I had a simple dinner of one fried popiah and hubby had roast beef on bread. I had no mood to cook. In fact, I have had no mood to cook this whole week since my last cooking marathon.

I knitted late into the night while hubby watched TV. I am knitting a maroon red sock for hubby, I hope that it turns out well. We will see.

No comments: