What a FANTASTIC day it was. An absolutely wonderful and fabulous day. Everything went perfectly.
We had Jan and Apie, Ten (my SIL), Roze & Ton, Xan and Frieda, Tante Til and Jeff.
We were busy the whole of friday, basically making the Tiramisu and steaming the chocolate cake. Then we both took turns to cut the huge amount of onions (crying along the way heheheheh), ginger and garlic.
We also extended our dining table and lastly vacuumed and mopped the house.
Saturday, early morning I started my cooking marathon, one by one the dishes were prepared. DH helped along the way, but what really kept me going was me praying all the time to God. I had earlier in the week talked to a good friend Cindy and told her about my struggles and she said to keep focusing on God and to tell Him everything. I did and I actually feel much much better, better enough to even do a marathon cooking.
About 2.30 pm our first guests arrived and gave them a short welcome and went back to the cooking. After each completed dish, I would come back to our guests and have a short conversation or a coffee break or a smoke break. My last dish was completed at about 5.30 pm. So, the cooking actually went perfectly, timing was perfect, everything was just perfect.
DH, the birthday boy was actually busy walking up and down hehehheheh, no, I mean to the kitchen and to the living room serving drinks etc etc.
I didn't really have the time to take photos, DH did and i hope it's enough. I will add the photos later.
The last guests left us at 11 pm (they reached home at 1.15am). We didn't do much after our guests left, just talked about what a wonderful day it's been. We both retired to bed early, however, talked while in bed. DH talked alot this nite and I slept very soon afterwards. The lady of the house was totally bushed.
Thanks to God Almighty for all His blessings for a wonderful day with Family & Friends.
To our Family and Friends, thanks for coming, thanks for yr wishes, thanks for your gifts, most of all Thanks for your love, we appreciate it very much.



No comments:
Post a Comment