Friday, May 25, 2007

Failure Cheesecake hahhahahhaha




Chilled Lemon Cheesecake was a failure. It was very low in height. I should have doubled the ingredients to fit the pan I had used, or used a smaller pan (which I didn't). The cheesecake did taste excellent I should say, with the lemon tanginess. It did turn watery, so I need to do some research on how to fix that. For the top, it said agar agar 45 gms with 250ml water ......... I had my doubts, because for 1 pkt of agar-agar powder we use about 800 ml water. So, what I did was thought that maybe it was a typo error and decided to use 4.5 gm agar agar which should be suitable for 250 ml water.

For this particular cheesecake, I opted for fruit cocktail because it was going to be a trial run.

ahhhhhhh Nevermind, I don't quit so easily while I am still in the mood. I will give another 2 tries before I throw in the towel.

So, next cheesecake, next week. I don't know what sort I would like to make. I shopped yesterday for Kersen (cherries) filling, and Bosbessen, marshmallow etc etc .... my original plan was to make chilled Blueberry cheesecake but I didn't find any, either fresh or canned or bottled. I will wait till when it is in season.

No comments: