Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Just 1 girlfriend please Lord

Dear God, I know I have many girlfriends, some are really Best friends, some are long time girlfriends, some are short term girl friends, some are new found girlfriends.

 All my girlfriends have been great in my life and I appreciate you for that. Still, I would like to ask you, please, plenty please can I have a girlfriend here in holland, who lives nearby, who may have some of the interests I have, who may want to go shopping with me, even if it's just window shopping. Someone I can have coffee with at the cafe. Someone whom I can call and tell all the wonderful things that is happening in my life. Someone I can share a baked apple pie with. Someone who will also call me (not everyday that is), someone who will enjoy the garden in the spring summer and autumn. Someone I can just sit down with silently without speaking a word and she knows how I feel and I know how she feels. Someone who will share her happy times with me and also troubling times.

God, if you don't mind can I repeat that please, someone who will share her happy and troubling times with me and not only troubling times. I know you have given me so many friends and I shouldn't be complaining or even making this request, but I really really would like to have a real life girlfriend please.  Someone who will enjoy dogs too and is not allergic to fur. Someone who will love Junior just like I do. Someone who has the same thoughts as me. I like to talk about politics, about military, about prophecy, about the bible, about gardening, about northern lights, about cooking, about gardening .... oh wait, I said that already. Oh well, you know what I mean. Just one Lord.

Thank you very much for hearing my prayers and I know you are smiling at me. You always smile when I talk with you. I know you love me very much too. I know you know and understand my need for a girlfriend ....... but actually, truthfully speaking, you are the Best Friend I could ever have. I could tell you my everything, I could just be me when I am with you. I could tell you about my fears, my happiness, my sadness, my joys, my discoveries, my excitement, my needs, my wishes. I know there is a small empty place in my heart that wishes for a best friend but .... well you know what's best. You are enough. And I thank you very much for being in my life. Love you!!!!!!!!

07 December at 20:12 Judy -- I hope you find that, good truthful friends are hard to find, I have had alot of so called friends, there a dime a dozen, Some one would be so blessed to have you as a friend. Good luck. As you know i read all of the things you write.

07 December at 20:48 You are right that good friends are hard to find. I do have 2 good guy friends though who enjoy my company. They're from the community garden. We can talk about anything. Still they are guys. I have Rosie who is Alex's ex colleague, but... she doesn't call. I am the one who does all the calling. There is Nandini, a Sri Lankan lady, but she doesn't speak much dutch and the tamil that she speaks is difficult for me to understand. Noi, the thai lady, enough said. There is Tante Till, my next door neighbour who is 87 yrs old. There's a lady in the garden too who always welcomes me for a chat whenever I knock on her gate. Alex is no communicator. Junior can't speak back. Oh well. Time will come someday, maybe one day. If not, it's okay too. All my fantastic girlfriends are overseas, you included. I am still able to chat with friends and family here through the chat programme. Thanks Judy for your kind words. Love you alot you know and appreciate you too. Hope your sinus gets totally healed and you wouldn't have those headaches. Take care.

No comments: