Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Aftermaths of visiting my friend on Saturday
The last time she visited me together with her husband (to talk about the living arrangements for Ann the teenage), well, I was shivering badly and I thought I was coming down with something. What followed was 5 days of migraine and a coup...le days of nausea.
I recovered from that and life went zippydoodah.
Last week, she asked me on 2 occasions to meet, either at her home or ours here. Well, I said at her place. So saturday we visited her.
But I, we prayed so hard before we left. Really hard. So we went all empowered. Same old story, nothing new under the sun, complains about the teen.
Alex kept asking her about their holiday and she will say one or 2 lines and back to the complains.
Previously, before the husband left for holiday, I told him that I became ill each time I meet her. That I get migraines and feelings of wanting to throw up. He said that he will need to find a good moment to tell her to not to complain so much or all hell will break loose. Anyway, I told him that I will tell her.
So saturday, at their home, Alex tried to laugh at the things she says, so I laugh and the husband laughed too. That got her angry a bit. *smile*.
The spirit of laughter was within us that evening.
But what I didn't like about the whole evening is how she puts that child down with the same old things. I rescued the girl literally saying that she will change, she sees the importance of this and that.
I felt sad about one thing. That what Alex and I did for that 5 weeks to build that teenager up, give her a sense of belonging, motivate her, make her feel important as a person, the advise, the stimulation ...... everything crashing down with that constant putting down of the child.
I am so truly sick and tired of her putting the kid down. Look, if for example, in the past my mother was a woman who slept with many men and had many children, all by different men. I don't expect to be labelled as a child of a whore. I don't expect to be branded for life that I was a child of that lady. I don't expect to be reminded day and night that my mother was one.
So, I stepped in many times and tried to divert the conversation to other things but nothing helps. She bulldozes thru. Even the husband had no say.
There was a time when the husband tried to intervene and talk about something else, she got mad and wanted to fight with him. Alex and I laughed quite loudly trying to make it look funny so that she wouldn't go ahead and fight.See more
07 December at 15:02
Sunday, I was feeling feverish the whole day and that was the day I took 2 naps because I felt ill. I even went to bed at 10 pm instead of 2 am that we normally go to bed.
One thing good was I didn't have those horrible headaches.
Yester...day, Alex told me that he observed that I get ill each time I meet her. Yes, he is right too.
Actually, 2 things can happen. That I have a good talk with her and tell her that she should seek professional help, someone professional enough to handle her behaviour of repetition. That I am not a person fit to listen to her problems.
OR
That I just break off this friendship to save me this mental torture that I go thru each time I meet her. Even yesterday, I was grouchy and cranky almost half the day but I realised it and quickly prayed about it and it went away.
I think that I cannot break this friendship now, because I feel that the teenager may need us, that she will always have us to come to if she is in need of help. That's what I think. So breaking up is not a good idea.
But someone has to stop this person from her complains and negativity. Who??????
She was a nice person all those years that I knew her from year 2003, a very nice comfortable person to chat with. But she changed after the niece came into her life. I can understand that.
Perhaps I should just tolerate and be patient and wait a couple years more and then she may be back to her old self. I do love this friend of mine. What I cannot take is being ill after meeting her.See more
07 December at 15:13
*smile* ....... she invited us for Christmas and for New Year's Eve, that we could have delicious food and celebrate the moment ......
Alex and I looked at each other and we both straight NO at the same time. hehehhehehhehehheheheheh
No way... I am going to spend Dec 25 and Dec 31 st with her.
My mind was very quick to reply her that on New Year's Eve Junior mustn't be alone, that the fireworks might scare him. We have never left Junior alone on New Year's eve but he is not scared. He is not scared because we are home with him. So if we left him alone, I don't know, maybe he will be scared. He sticks to mommy mostly on that night. Mommy is his comfort zone. Then he will jump to Dad, daddy is his protector and provides security.See more
07 December at 15:17
NO WAY I am going to start the new year with her. I think I can predict what she will do. Sorry dear friend. I love you, but I am not starting my year with your negativity.
07 December at 15:18
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment