Sunday, August 29, 2010
Lost and Found - Thank the Lord.
I thought I lost my ring with gem stones. For nearly a month I didn't see this ring and we both searched the main places I may have left it. We searched only for 2 days and I thought if it is lost so be it. Many thoughts went thru my mind..., that since I lost weight, I could have dropped it, that it may have fallen on to the floor and that I may have vacuumed it. As I vacuum I do hear all that thumps going on there, but most of the time I will ignore the louder noise because most of the time they're Junior's dry food. Also I clear my vacuum canister every 2 times that I vacuum, so there is no chance for me to ever find it.
Anyway, I told the Lord that afterall when I die I am having none of these things with me and that it really doesn't matter if I lost it. But, every other day, I would secretly tell Him that I wish I knew where it was. *smile* ............
Today, I chipped my nail when I was doing the kitchen work, so I came to the living room, to where my computer is located, reached for the drawer next to it and took out the manicure set. It's a plastic long case holding the sticks for polishing, for sanding etc etc. The opening was opened and as I took that out, something dropped out. Hah!!!! my ring.
I was happy. But there is one thought that I must hold on to. That no materials in this world should have a hold on me. That I someday when I go to be with the Lord, I bring nothing with me, absolutely NOTHING.
There is this dutch saying that goes *the jacket that one has on when he is laid to rest, there are no inner pockets in it*
How true. Inner pockets mostly hold our wallets, our cash, our cards, our id etc etc ...... but these things we don't bring with us when we go over. So the suits that is worn on the person that lays in rest is sown without inner pockets.
See more
29 August at 12:28
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment