Saturday, July 3, 2010

Had influenza - totally out!

Sunday, I was throwing up almost the whole day. Monday, I started to get fever, a slight cough and flu like symptoms. I tried to self medicate with flumicil and paracetmol. All I did was sleep and sleep and sleep. By Wednesday, I couldn...'t hold out anymore, so to the doctor I went. He said that I didn't have normal flu but influenza, some h1n1 strain and that I had to take Tamiflu antibiotics. Tamiflu???? wasn't that for swine flu?? I thought to myself. Temperature was 39.8 degrees. I started to take the medication, bit by bit I felt better but still slept alot until yesterday when I had diarheoa the whole day. I prayed and prayed. My niece gave me fybogel once and I thought I would take that. It worked. Stopped the diarhea and I had some rest. Weighed myself on the scale and I was 60 kgs. I was 63 kg when I first arrived in singapore, gained another 2 kgs with all the eating. Now 60kg. This morning I took my temperature and finally it came down to 36.5 degrees. I thank you Lord. I praise You Lord. You kept me well. My poor body has gone thru a lot these past 5 days and I thank God that I recovered. I could have gotten pneumonia or something life threatening. I thank you Lord for guiding my ways and for making me go to the doctor when I did. See more 03 July at 01:58 I want to thank my niece Mala and Shana and brother's family for providing us with food. We couldn't have made it without all of you. I didn't eat much these past 5 days, except for half a slice of bread just before taking medication. oh... my tongue had a thick white coating on it. Everything I tasted was bitter and tasteless. But last nite, I started to crave for a little food, though I still ate that half piece of bread. Today, I hope I have the energy to take a walk to the shops to eat thosai. If not, it's ok. I just hope, after the medications in a while, that I don't get diarhea. I am so tired of that. See more 03 July at 02:03 doctor said h1n1 strain, that I had influenza. But I am now on the road to recovery, bit by bit. Today, I en...joyed my first meal and coffee tasted delicious. By next week I should be totally well. Send my love to your dad too. Will call him when I am home. I do think of our trip to Malang at least once a day. One of the finest times of my life with the people that I loved, lost, found and got a chance to say I love them again. Alex is back home and I will be flying home soon. I love you Dede!!!

No comments: