Tuesday, April 6, 2010

See u in heaven Mevrouw van der Doeve

We're getting ready to leave for a joyous day in the garden when we received news that my neighbour Mevrouw (Mrs) van der Doeve, passed on yesterday. She was my neighbour 2 doors away to the right. She was 86 yrs old?? She suffered from ...ziekte van hodgkins (Hodgkins Disease). Last 2 years were wonderful with her. Ever since we came to know that she had the sickness, I would during harvest time, bring her all sorts of fruits and vegetables from the garden. She loved the cherry tomatoes and mini cucumbers the most. She didn't have the appetite to eat she said, and appreciated the vegetables and fruits. She loved apple pie and I baked an apple pie just for her. The shocked look on her face when I brought that apple pie to her. She didn't expect a whole pie, she thought she was getting a slice. No, not from me you don't. You get a whole apple pie and eat to your delight I said. She smiled and said that I was pampering her. I learned the basic steps of knitting socks from her. In fact she gave me her 4 knitting needles for using to make the socks. It was akward at first but I managed to learn. Though I never mastered knitting a sock, but I am thankful that I had her to teach me. See more 06 April at 11:04 Last year, I gave her this flower pot with home grown lobelia and another and ringed her door bell and she opened it and the smile I saw on her face. I will never forget her smile. I gave her so many bouquets of flowers, roses mainly. Sh...e always said that I was pampering her. I gave her flowers when she was alive, so that she could enjoy the beauty of it. I wouldn't be giving her flowers now that she is gone. Why? She wouldn't be able to see them. We talked alot too. Mostly about religion. She is a Christian and she always said that she was at peace that she is going to our Lord. She was at peace in her soul though her body was wasting away. See more 06 April at 11:07 I feel like crying now, as tears well up in my eyes. But I am not going to feel sad for long, because I know where she is going to and who is receiving her. Rightfully I should be joyous because I know she is in Good Hands. I love you Me...vrouw van der Doeve and I will see you when I see you. May your soul rest in peace. See more 06 April at 11:10 Thanks Wendy. I am just 0.000001 person in her life. I came into her life just the last 2 years. Before that, it was just hi and bye. Only when I told her that I was trying to learn knitting that she offered to teach. That's how we bec...ame acquainted. Anyway, I am not so sad. I mean, everyone on earth has to pass on one day, it's just a matter of when and how. She lived alone and her children do visit her quite often in the weekends. Anyway, enough said. Thanks for your kind words dear. See more 06 April at 21:03

No comments: