My husband has PPEA (in dutch is Psychogene Pseudo-Epileptische Aanvallen) in English thats Pseudo Epileptic Seizures.
He had his first seizure when he was just 10 yrs old. Later on, the doctors diagnosed him as having epilepsy and was prescribed with medications for epilepsy.
But about 4 yrs ago, after further testing and a 6 months stay in an Hospital for patients with epilepsy, he was diagnosed to have Pseudo Epilepsy, not epilepsy. ... See more
He has learned to overcome these seizures by practising deep breathing, thinking good thoughts (not negative destructive thoughts).
So, how is life with a husband with Pseudo Epilepsy. It was difficult in the beginning. But prayers and time has made things better. I live daily only with the strength that our Lord has given me. I try to not ask for strength for tomorrow, but just enough for today.
I used to be a worry wort, but heheheh thanks to facebook and re-connecting with most of my friends (ex working friends) and family, I feel like I am in a comfortable place, a place where I can put my thoughts out in writing and not having to store it all inside me.
Farmville, I have to add, is great, it really diverted my mind and thoughts and feelings during the winter and I am glad to say that I only had a couple of days of winter depression.
Now that spring is here, we're busy with the garden and again a diversion of my mind matters to planning, weeding, sowing and whatever. ... See more
I have only our Lord to give thanks to. He has watched over him and me thru the years. When things were breaking up, He patched it up. Where there was worry, He gave peace.
But I do admit, I do get easily stressed heheheh maybe I have to practise deep breathing techniques too. So, I try to live my life to the best I can, to treasure life, to appreciate what I have been given. To also give thanks to what I didn't get. Life is a daily struggle, but I have a choice. I choose to live a meaningful life, I choose to treasure every moment I have.
Alex used to be prone to depression. Anything can trigger him to go into depression. In the beginning it used to take months before he got out of it. But thru time, I have learned to arrest his thoughts and quickly divert him to more productive thinking. I keep him busy hahahhaha, making him think about what can be done for tomorrow or months to come etc etc ....
Right now, he is planning on how to repair the glass greenhouse (with the help of 2 other garden neighbours).
As long as he doesn't think too much on his wounded past, he is alright. That is why I am busy keeping him think about the future. ... See more
Why am I writing all these, I have no idea. But I have been wanting to write about this for quite some time now. So there. I wrote it. I feel relieved now. It's therapaeutic writing one's thoughts out.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment