Saturday, January 23, 2010

We're hypocrites!

We're having visitors tonite and what hypocrites we are. Spent the whole morning dusting, cleaning, clearing, vacuuming, polishing wood and finally mopping the house. hahahhaha
My house is almost always clean but today it had a special treatment. Hypocrite that I am. Alex was busy clearing his stuffs from here and there. Normally, he will leave this and that here and there. I don't care. A home has to be lived in and things should be here and there.
I have visited many dutch homes where everything is perfectly neat and tidy. I wonder if they do what we do, clearing things up, tidying and making the place so very neat just before visitors.
No, I don't think so. I have visited Noi, Ingrid and Tante Til on the spur of the moment and their house is perfectly tidy. Not one thing out of place. I wonder how many hours a day they spend dusting and cleaning just to keep the house clean. I wonder. Well, I know of one lady that dusts her living room twice a day. I can't do that.
Oh well. Gotta go now.... See more

No comments: