Loosing a job
About more than a month ago, Alex received notice from his boss that he is on line to loose his job.
We're not worried, because even if he is jobless, the social welfare will still pay him an amount that will be enough to sustain his family. I am told that he will receive a couple of hundreds lesser.
Am I worried? No, because our trust is in God, ... Read moresecondly, I am not a heavy spender. Thirdly, I am sure in due time he will get another job or maybe get a permanent retirement due to his long term illness. We'll see what happens.
In the meantime, we are cutting all unnecessary costs.
We wouldn't be inviting anyone out during this year end festivities. Neither are we giving any presents to anyone, unless it's handmade. (That's why I was making all those cards). Secondly, I am going ahead with my plan to make the oven mitts (I think they make beautiful gifts for my neighbours).
We're cutting all once a month eat out or take aways.
We're making very short phone calls, no more chit chatting, unless to inform of some important news.
We'll be booking more flea markets to sell stuffs.
We'll not be taking that end of year discounted train trip to some place in holland. ... Read more
I am not baking as much as I would normally do, but I do want to bake that one fruit cake which I cannot resist.
I am still going ahead to buy me that pair of boots heheheh because I saved that money from all the haircuts that I gave myself and to Alex the past 4 years or so.
We're still lighting up the house for year end festivities.
We praise God during our good times and of plenty and we continue to praise God during times of tightness. We don't know what will ensue the months that will follow but we choose to live in faith, trusting God Almighty for everything, since He knows the best, since He is in control over everything.
Janet Ellen Shen
Trusting the Lord's provision, contentment with godliness is great gain. Live with simplicity, thriftiness will keep you all going well. Take care! much to learn from you.
Wendy Goh
God's grace is sufficent for us. The idea of handmade card and oven mitts are great. If i can make them, i will for sure. hee hee anyway the sun is always there! just when and how long. Just enjoy it while it is there ! CHeErS!
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment