Monday, October 13, 2008

Good bye Piet

We heard from Co and Wim that you passed away on the 7th October. You will be forever remembered by my husband and I.
Piet was an elderly man of 79 yrs old. He was the one who helped to build our garden shed together with Wim.
Piet taught me how to clear the weeds, he also taught me how to turn the soil over. As a thankyou we gave him a pot of lid cactus and I also cooked dinner and served it at the garden on one sunny day last year. Piet had thoroughly enjoyed my chicken curry that day.
I had promised that this year I would cook another dinner and serve it on a warm sunny day, but I didn't keep my word because I got so busy with so many things. Well, I am happy that I did what I had wanted to do last year.
Well Piet, you had a good life and you lived well, you were surrounded by friends who loved you, you did wonderful things to people who came your way, here's to you Piet, a glass of wine and cheese and a cigarette (just like how you liked them).
You will be fondly remembered.

No comments: