There is this one experience I want to share with you, my family and my friends. When I was in my twenties, I was very prone to depressions, firstly, because I was lonely. Though I was surrounded by people, but deep in my heart I was lonely.
I was depressed because I was not married, nor did I have a boyfriend, I was depressed because no one loved me neither did I have anyone to love.
One day, becaue the feelings within me was so unbearable, I knelt down and prayed and cried (tons) and just stayed silent for a moment. A little thought prompted me to get up, get dressed and to go to the interchange. It was a saturday and I hated to go out on saturdays, because being in the mid twenties, I saw others going on dates, all dressed up to go to parties and or to the cinema or to dinners, or to the disco, etc etc.
Anyway, I followed this thought. Got up, got dressed, went to the interchange, it was about 5pm. As I reached the centre, I saw this one man (with his back facing me) standing all alone and the rest of the people kind of avoiding him. I passed this man, I turned around to see him, that's when I noticed he was blind and holding a white cane. I stopped and asked him if I could help him and he eagerly said *yes, I have an appt to meet a friend at the entrance of NTUC and I am not familiar with this location. There is also no one around me.
I said let me bring you there. As I led him, I forgot to tell him that there was a landing and he tripped and nearly fell. ohhh, that was the very moment that a light switched on in my head. I continued to walk with him towards NTUC and for the first time, I saw the colours of the bouganville, the colours of the cloths hanging in the cloth shop, the colours of clothes people wore. I could see!!! But this man not.
Later I came home and cried to God. I thank Him for this lesson in life. That was the beginning of my prayers to thank Him for sight, smell, hearing, ability to walk, talk, feel. I thanked God for my senses.
In ending, I want to share this with you, I used to complain to God about not having the right shoes to wear until I saw someone with no feet to wear shoes on.
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment