Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Bad Night

One of those days where I actually slept very badly. Firstly, I prayed for a few people, and in the midst of it I fell asleep. However, perhaps a minute or 2 went by and I awoke again. Apologised to God and I continued to pray again. Then I turned and tossed in bed, unable to fall asleep, listening to him snore.

Got out and surfed the net. Went back to bed around 3am, couldn't fall asleep quickly. Had to pray urgently for those few people again.

This whole week has been actually quite rough on me, with regards to receiving bad news. One thought came into my mind *When death stands at the door* ..... I heard that Piet, an old man of 80 overs years old, who survived cancer last year, was back in hospital again, the cancer recurred. To top it all, it seems he has a bad wound on his leg that was not healing. Coby described how thick yellow pus was just oozing out. That really send me into a trauma.

Though I was surrounded by people, but deep in my heart I kept calling onto God, please Lord, pls heal him God. Or at least let him die in dignity, without him having to suffer that way.

Then, there was Margriet, who is 42 and suffered a stroke. She had fluid buildup in her brain. Seems one side of her is affected real bad. Prayed for her.

So many other people I needed to pray for, I wish I had a gift of intersessing but I was reminded that we do have one who sits by the right side of God interceding for us. I thanked Him for listening to my prayers.

Woke up this morning, intending to rush thru the morning chores but ....... the weather outside looked so gloomy, it was sending me into a wave of depression, rather a small dip. Then the noise of a machine sandpapering was going on and on. Was really affecting my hearing. I was feeling irritated by that constant noise that wouldn't stop at all. Our flat on the outside is being primed for paint works and lots of sandpapering is being done lately. As I type this entry, the noise is getting further and further away.

Thru all these moments, I didn't reach out to God. I only thank Him for my breakfast and then, went on my way.

Guess who quickly came knocking on the doors of my heart. He kept on telling me what a failure I am, what a useless person I am, that I am good for nothing, he kept on reminding me of all my past failures ........ blah blah blah he went on. Enough! I quickly understood that I was under an attack and no way he is going to spoil my mood this day. So what if the weather outside looks gloomy, so what about the irritating noise ......... important thing is I have God as my Saviour, He is my Rock and under His wings I stand.

I reminded him about his future and I actually had a smile on my face. He is going to burn! forever and ever.

Moral of this entry is *When the devil reminds you of your past (with all it's failures and ugliness), you remind him of his future! That is he is defeated and time will come when he will be burning forever and forever.

In short, When the devil reminds you of yr past, remind him of his future.

Period!

No comments: