Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Update on Juni boy - No spinal damage.

Dearest Mala, Cindy, Geetha, Jo and WF,

My family and I thank our Lord on our bended knees that the xray showed no spinal damage. The vet was very happy to announce that she could rule out the spinal damage. So it was a very strained muscle that he was suffering from.
He had so far steroid injections on last friday, sunday, today (tuesday) and another on thursday. Thereafter he will be prescribed with pills for a couple more days.

I couldn't help but turn to God almost every second of my life these past 3 weeks as a mother pleads for her son's life. You all know that I have no children of my own and Junior has been that one thing that filled the desires of my empty womb. He was the answer to the aches of my empty arms, he was the baby I never had. Therefore, I seemed to go overboard with my maternal love and instincts.

I know that someday Junior will not be with me or even I leaving him, however, I was not prepared to loose him just yet. Though I prayed God, your will be done but still I pleaded with God just like King Hezekiah did for an extension on his life.

Thru these whole episode of many sleepless nites, partly due to my hot flashes (menopause symptoms) and praying too, God reassured me many times that everything will be ok. Though I believed Him but I couldn't help but have a slight panic in my heart. Perhaps it was due to menopause symptoms of anxiety being one of them, perhaps it could be due to the fact that I never had any other pets before Junior and this was his first major illness. However, thru all these sporadic episodes of elevated anxiety, I still had a sort of peace going thru me, a kind of peace no one else could have given me but God Himself.

I just had to write to you all because I feel such a relieve in my heart right now, it's almost like I could climb the highest mountain feeling *smile* ........
If you gals were here with me right now, or I am with you right now, I would surely open a bottle of champagne in celebration.

I want to thank each and everyone of you for your prayers and good wishes. I want to thank you for being a part of my family, for being my friend, someone I could turn to, besides God, to feel comforted, knowing full well that you would understand my feelings.

Thank you once again for being there for me, I appreciate you all.
Sandra

1 comment:

KWF said...

Sandra dear, I understand how you feel. It's the same feeling of a mother towards her sick child. Hope that Junior will be fully recovered soon.