What an awesome and wonderful feeling to know that God listens, even to minute and unimportant details or conversations.
You see, I normally ask God everything I need or want or hope for thru prayers. The answer is always yes or no or wait. I have learned, thru all my years to patiently wait upon Him. Praying for something has been a habit for me. But wait, something interesting happened. I didn't pray about it nor even ask God during my daily conversations with Him, yet He blessed us with the desires of our heart.
Here's what happened, DH and I were talking about changing the position of the door of the greenhouse to the other side instead of where it was, because I have a longer way to walk, carrying 2 heavy buckets of water to water the plants inside the greenhouse. He said that he was planning to use the water collected in the rain tank to water the plants inside the greenhouse. I casually said to him that we have 1 rain tank now and that it's not enough for watering inside the greenhouse. We need another rain tank.
You wouldn't believe what happened next. Not 1 hr later, a neighbour gardener came around to have a little chit chat with us. He was saying that he had to give up his other plot of land in another community garden and he had a surplus of stuffs that he needed to get rid of or was not bringing to this garden here. He asked if DH would be interested to come collect some of the stuffs. Now DH had in mind to collect tiles since he needed to make a couple more pathways.
About an hour later, DH came back, his car loaded with stuffs and you wouldn't believe what he brought. A rain tank! Amazing or not!
See what I mean by God listens even to casual conversations. See how God answers even when we don't ask for something in prayer. DH and I just talked about it casually, about the pros and cons of having the doorway changed and about the need for an extra rain tank. I didn't even get a chance to pray about it and ask God if He could provide a rain tank at a cheaper price. Now we have a rain tank for free!
Next amazing thing. Last week, just last week, hubby and I casually talked about having a stove on gas, for the garden house. In fact DH and I were searching on the internet site where second hand stuffs are sold. We were searching for a 3 pit stove and a gas tank to go with it.
Would you believe it if I told you that DH had amongst the stuffs that he brought from the neighbour's ex-garden a 3 pit stove and it looked not that old too. Amazing isn't it. Free of charge too.
Next amazing thing. I was telling DH to try to put up something, a cloth shade or so from the edge of the garden huis roof to the other pole, so that I could sit in shade. I don't like the burning hot sun on my skin. Really, the sun here burns me black. I was medium brown when I came here and now I am turned into one black skinned person. The dutch love getting themselves in the sun and turning from white to medium brown but I don't like to turn darker than I should. I just love my own natural colour.
DH suggested buying a parasol. A new parasol may cost anywhere between 20 euro to a good one that may cost 100 over.
Amongst the stuffs DH brought with him was a parasol. Guess what? It has pink in it. My colour! Yes, it has pink on the top half and mint green on the bottom half. A table to go with it and that heavy stand for the parasol to be sitted onto. Amazing isn't it, all for free.
Amazing or not. We got things we thought about and didn't pray about. We talked in passing between the two of us, DH and I, and God listened. He provided these things to us thru that man who had a surplus of stuffs that he didn't want anymore.
In one silent moment thereafter with God, I stood there with tears welling up in my eyes and thanking Him for His provision. I praised Him for His gifts. I praised Him for His undying love for us. I praised Him for being such an awesome God that provides His children even when they didn't bring it forward to Him in prayers.
In ending this entry, I just want to thank God for all His blessings showered abundantly upon us, Thank You God.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment