Saturday, lazy morning, woke up late, Honey prepared a wonderful breakfast of poffertjes. Then, we both walked to the nearest supermarkt, on the way, we saw this new second hand shop that opens once in a blue moon and today was such a day.
I bought 3 things, a silver plated container (30 euro cent, that's 60 sing cents), I think sigarette container or something like that, 4 coasters for the dining table and gardening shears for the garden.
The box is of now unpolished, I will post the polished product later.
There's something else I wanted to tell you about. Once, I was watching a BBC channel and it was about people bringing stuffs, antique etc etc and they inquire of the value of the product. So, there was this lady and she brought a bracelet to the show. She said that she was at a flea market and this bracelet was amongst it's other items, other beaded chains and earrings etc in an old jewelry box. She paid 5 pounds for it. Guess what the value of that bracelet was? 5000 pounds. It had diamonds in it.
So, one can never know what treasures one finds in the fleamarkts or even a boot sale, right Salihan?



No comments:
Post a Comment