Saturday, November 24, 2007

French Chairs


Earlier in the week, while surfing on internet, I saw these two french chairs with tapestry needlepoint being put up for sale. I asked DH what he thought about it.

He thought it was lovely. So DH called and made an appointment with the owner.

In the meantime, I called my SIL and told her about my latest excitement, french chairs. I told her the location and she said that she knew the lady that it used to belong to. That they were beautiful chairs, however, old.

So come saturday, we went to the location, near Centrum, saw the chairs, they were really old. The story is that it used to belong to this man's mom, she died and that he was putting it up for sale.

We paid the money and carried our chairs and guess what, the round table and the table cloth that was on it was given to us too. The man said that he will be happy if someone else can be happy.

Came home after shopping, I had to rest, I was really bushed. Later in the night, I cleaned it the chair. First vacummed carefully and gently, then, I used water and vinegar to clean the cloth, a lot of dirt and dust came out, then filled the basin with vanish and water, gave the cloth another clean and finally with plain water to remove any soap residue.

I left the chairs near the central heating to dry it up in the night. Next morning, I looked at it and felt happy that I have these two pretty looking french chairs, even though they are old, I am sure many people must have sat on it and had conversations and sipping a cup of tea or coffee.

No comments: