Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Tuesday, 02-10-07, Renovation Day 3



Thank God the floor was protected.
Well today is Renovation Day 3, 16 days more to go. Why 16 days is counting only the weekdays that they work.
DH was busy going out today. First he went to Tante Til and brought her to Lidl to do grocery shopping and also to buy the thermostaat kraan, however, it was sold out, so DH came back home and left the grocery at home and went out again.

Then he and Tante Til went to Karwei to shop for the kraan, there was one left on sale and Tante Til bought that. Later they went to Gamma and DH placed an order for one pair to be collected when there is stock.

DH brought TT back home and he came back here. Kids were happy to see him. Really, we all are always happy to see DH back home with us.

Then DH went to arrange with the plumber about the future plans for our bathroom and we were given some very good advise. Looks like we may actually get our bathtub after all. DH had to further seek the chief to explain that we didn't want any addition to a part of the wall to prevent water spatter, so that a bath tub can be placed and the chief said no problem. Thank God.

We have been cracking our heads as to how we could ever possibly place a bathtub with that extra bit of wall, there simply wouldn't be any place to walk. So, with this idea of not having the wall added, means we do have place for a tub. Yeahhhhh !!!!

DH went out to buy burgers from Mac. I vacuumed the whole house, I make it a point to vacuum everyday after the workers leave, that's just a small part that I must do to prevent scratches on the laminaat floor that we have. If I do take care of our existing floor, then chances are maybe we don't need to change it for the next 20 years. Hopefully, it lasts that long.

Now, looking at the window frames, though we had it painted 2 years ago, we have a feeling that we may have to paint it one more time this year, just to match with all the new things we have in the house. That means that I am going to be busy again. So, my sewing or whatever craft will be put on the back burner for a while. I don't know how the paint is going to take to the cold, not well as what I remember the last time I painted in cold weather, it just didn't react good. So, probably we will paint it in summer of next year. I don't know, perhaps we should engage some professionals to paint for us. We will see what happens.

No comments: