I don't know how I managed, but I did get out of my depression and it feels so good.
I made some very conscious choices to get out of this rut feelings. Mostly I prayed very very hard. Husband prayed for me too. I talked to my cousin brother's wife who is a pastor and I just felt good within me.
Paid a visit to Jannie in Amsterdam, had a fantastic day with her family.
Visited my sis-in-law, she was telling us how she visited her good friend in apeldoorn, and hour and half drive away from here, because her friend was in a dip, a menopause dip. She stayed there for a week before heading back home. SIL was encouraging her friend to lift her spirits up and going for long walks and a good talking into.
Now, that made me feel good in a way too, not that that friend had a dip but that I am not alone. That it is normal for older women to get such kind of dips.
My SIL must have been so tired from the trip, mentally I mean, but she still had some energy left to lift me up with words of comfort and encouragement and some good advises.
My Thai friend is back in town too, met her recently.
DH also visited Xan, DH's friend from his youth. Xan is a year younger than me but he is not a picture of good health. He has Rheumatism on all his joints and doesn't walk good at all, and recently suffered a heart attack. Thinking about him makes me realise how lucky I am to be healthier than him. Xan has a wonderful woman of a wife and 3 lovely daughters.
For the rest we spent most of our times shopping or at the garden just enjoying our flowers in bloom, chatting and having coffee with our garden neighbours.
I had many moments all to myself and I tried my very best to remember all the good advises I had many a times given to others and I used that to lift me up, difficult but I did it. Of course mostly it was praying that really lifted me up and out. I knew God wouldn't let me rot here in this pit of depression. I knew He would direct my paths and light it up again. Thank you God.
This weekend we are having visitors and we're going to have a fantastic time at the garden.
Monday, August 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment