Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Looking Forward

In a way it's good this diversion of thoughts, focusing on things to come helps.

I am looking forward for the renovations and the end result of it. What I am not looking forward is the noise. Luckily we have the garden to run to. End september the works will start. We are not to use the bathroom and toilet, no machine wash for a whole month. We do get alternative plans. It is expected for the housing board here to complete the works in our flat in 1 yr. I feel sorry for those people who are caught with their renovations done in the cold winter. Good news is Tante Til invited us to use her bathroom and toilet when the works are being done. She will on the other hand go live in another flat, provided by the board. She can't take the noise nor dirt. Good news is cleaners will come and clean the whole flat inside out, including cleaning the windows. Good isn't it.

I am looking forward to finishing my quilt, the completion is finally near. I had machine stitched the inner parts, but I was not happy with the finish, so I unpicked everything and am hand stitching it and it sure does look better.

I am looking forward to more flowers in bloom. Dahlia's are my favourites and they are now blooming beautifully.

We had about 10 kilos of potatoes and about 13 kilos of onions out of the ground and I am happy.

My next sewing project, panties. Yep. I got the pattern from internet and seems easy to sew. The joy of sewing something for myself with exactly the cloth that I want, now that's a challenge. There are some very pretty patterns on internet. I have some silk cloth that I am hoping will come out good after it's being stitched. Pretty laces on it. Yep. Next project.

I can't sew good but I am also planning to sew some house dresses. I have a neighbour who is willing to help me a bit. She used to sew alot and has alot of experience. But she stopped after she recovered from cancer therapy. She seems happy to offer lessons and use of her patterns. Her son the beagle on the other hand is crazily in love with me.

No comments: