Friday, June 22, 2007

Missing Mom

I can't believe that even after 15 years that I could miss my mom so badly. Miss her smell, she always smells of Cuticura powder or Johnsons Baby powder. Miss her tender love, miss her tender touch, miss her tender voice, miss her tender strokes on my hair.

I don't even have to say much and she knew exactly what to say. She was an illiterate and yet she gave wonderful advises.

Wish you are around mom, would love to hear your voice, just one more time. Would love to see your smile, just one more time mom. Would love to hug you and kiss you, just one more time mom.

I was young and you were old and out of ignorance I said some foolish things to you Mom. I used to say that you are always sick and always complaining of pain. Look at me now mom, I am in the same position as you. I didn't know then what I know now Mom. I am so sorry Mom, I didn't know better then.

What made me miss you today is because I saw a picture of something and I remembered how you used to make them. It was delicious mom. Too bad I didn't learn from you. But the good news is we have internet and we can search on internet for recipes.

I love you so very much Mom and know that I miss you. I don't think of you everyday, slowly the pain of missing you eases. Once in a while I do think of you and miss you ohhh so terribly and today is one such day.

May your soul rest in peace Mom. You were one special woman who gave me only unconditional love. I will always remember you with fond memories. I will always treasure you Mom.

No comments: