I had gone to the tuin. What a wonderful peace. What a sense of joy to be there. Ak bar was there and he helped me clear some onkruid (weeds). He even taught me to use one of the tools.
Ak bar is an afghan, in his early 40's, has a wife and 4 kids. His wife is one beautiful woman. Well anyway, Akbar spent about an hour on my side of the garden. He taught me that I had to nip some plants at the tips. How strawberry plants propagate, how to check for the potatoes. DH likes Ak bar very much and says that he is a truthful man and very trustworthy of a person. We love talking to him about his country, ex-country.
What I love most from Ak bar is his mint tea. He makes it just perfect.
He went home soon after and I was left there alone to my thoughts. I thought alot about things that recently happened and thru it all a sense of peace enveloped me. A little voice told me to take the recent happenings as a blessing in disguise. Just then I had a visitor, a tabby cat, he looked at me and I looked at him, I made a sound and he ran away with his tail in between his legs. I smiled.
A cuckoo bird was constantly cuckooing in the background and it sounded beautiful.
My chrysanthemum plant is giving out buds of flowers. Two of them are half way opened. I guess when I am there tomorrow, it will be in full bloom. I have 3 of these chrysanthemum plants and I planted them into the ground a bit too early in April. All 3 nearly didn't make it when they were exposed to the frost. But they survived and now stand to give out so many blooms. I felt happy that these plants survived a difficult period in their little lives and after the exposure to the frost are going to go into full bloom.
Dwarf bean plants popped their head up, 4 leaves on each head now. Two days ago they were not up and out.
Mustard greens seem to have made it after all, like soldiers in green uniforms, all standing in a row.
Pak Soi, I think a quarter will make it, coz DH accidently turned some parts of the soil. Maybe the seeds are buried quite deep, maybe they won't make it. I may need to do another batch of seeds into the soil.
I checked the potato plants to see if any potatoes were exposed to the sunlight. Yep, there was one indeed. I covered that area thickly with soil and smiled to myself. I can't believe that I actually am having more potatoes.
I cleared alot of the ground today from onkruid (weeds) and heeren moes. It makes me feel totally good to pull out the weeds, it's gives a kind of therapeutic effect on me. Almost like getting rid of the weeds inside and outside of me.
I got ready to go home. Packed my stuffs and locked up the place and took a walk around the other gardens. A turkish lady invited me into her garden. She seems to have made a second home of her tuinhuis. A sofa set, a coffee table, a little kitchenette. Beautiful curtains. Her garden was thriving well with all sorts of vegetables. We talked for a while and I bid farewell to her.
I love this community garden. You get to meet real people, talk to them eye to eye. Hear their stories or advises on how to grow stuffs. Get free plants from them. Get invited for a cup of tea or coffee. Really, it's nice.
Came home to the kids and straightaway walked them. They are both asleep now. Soon I go to bed too.
Tomorrow my improved husband comes home for good. I am so glad for him that his therapy is a success. It was a grueling 4 months and he made it. Kids will be happy to see their dad.
It's late now and I am going to bed. Nothing to think about tonite. Am going to enjoy the peace that I feel within me and thank God for His Blessings in Disguise.
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment