Tuesday, February 27, 2007

When Wishes May Come True

Looks like this year is going to be a year where all that I want or need or wish for may, just may come true. I have never really asked for much these past years, simple things yes.

I have in the plan for a few things, they're all written out in my wishlist. A tuinhuis or a garden house and a bathroom tub.

We do need a tuinhuis and it has to be soon, because spring is coming and it's going to get warmer and it's time to plant seeds into the ground. Cycling to the place is not a problem, but I can't imagine I have to bring the heavy spade or fork or gardening tools with me back and forth.

I did some search today for tuinhuisjes and I hope that by this weekend we both can sit down and make a final decision about which huis to buy.

Next a bathtub. I really really want that. The housing board are going to do some renovations in the house. They're changing the whole kitchen, tiles in the kitchen, the pipings in the whole house, all the cv's (central heating), the whole bathroom, toilet area, new front door, new back door and some new small windows with ventilation system attached to it. This takes place perhaps in May or June, depending on where they start. Worst part is we can't use the shower nor do the wash for that duration (since it involves the piping systems).

We have been given alternatives for the showers and usage of the wash machine so that is not a problem. Some older folks are given temporary housing elsewhere. Tante Til opted for that. She says no way she is going to put up with the noise for a whole month. I don't think we are leaving for a month, but I guess the kids will be stressed out with all the people coming in and out and the noise that goes with it.

Back to the bathtub, it's now or never. If I don't make use of this opportunity to get that installed, perhaps I will never be able to have it. We still have yet to get permission from the housing board as to whether we are allowed to have that or not. But they did give that option when we had to fill up the formulier. So, I hope all goes well with regards to the request. Of course we will have to pay for it.

We will not be having new kitchens installed because we have our own and it will be a waste to tear it down. I am really looking forward to tiles in the toilet and the area before the shower. What we have now is linoleum and it's not favourable to have that so close to the bathroom area. Bathroom has tiles. We had earlier on planned to renovate the shower toilet area sometime next year but I am glad that the housing board is doing it for us this year.

What I, we are not looking forward to is the dust and dirt and the noise. Even if our house is done, but the adjacent houses will be tended to and I guess it's going to be months of noise. I am really not looking forward to the noise. Maybe by then we can just camp out in our little tuinhuisje. That will be great !! Yep! Wow, that's something to really look forward to.

Half glass of water, I see it as half full, I never see it as half empty. So, there, we will be in the tuinhuisje, wearing our sunglasses, one rubbing sun tanning lotion and the other sun block lotion, lazing in our chairs, occasionally getting up to go pick our tomatoes and savouring raw vegetables, black berries, fresh garlic is supposed to be good too. hahhahahhahahaha I am having a ball of a time right now as I think about the possibilities of what we can and might do in the tuin.

The sacrifices we have to make is to cancel our holiday trip for yet another year. That does stress me up alot. But I guess I just have to learn to do more things that de-stresses me, like my sewing, my garden, my macrame etc etc. Well, I still have to go back next year, to renew my passport, so I guess it's not really a big deal that we are not travelling this year. At least I do have a beautiful garden and a beautiful bathroom and toilet that's for long term, God willing.

Good nite sweet love, I am going to bed now. Wendy is snoring ohhh so loudly, Junior is bugging mom to go to bed. Can't wait for Thursday. Whoooopeeee!

No comments: